Site Planning - Hardscape Design - Planting Design
The essence, charm and elegance of Provence works perfectly well with our Mediterranean type of climate here in Southern California. With thoughtful planning the property has been transformed into a stylish comfortable space that fits the homeowners’ lifestyle.
- Redesign the front yard for curb appeal with a Provencal flair.
- Add multi levels to the flat front garden with Provencal plant materials.
- Redesign the driveway and walkway incorporating a gate to create a private front court yard.
- Design and fabricate a large metal rolling gate to separate a private court yard from the front yard. Bring in an artisan painter to age and seal the gate to look as if it had always been there.
- Create a new private front court yard using a typical Provence fountain, decomposed granite, and plant materials where guests are welcomed into the residence.
- Enhance the front home entrance with rock cladding and large pots with attractive plant materials.
- Design a large beautiful wood deck in the back yard surrounding the base of a sixty year old tree and capture the space for outdoor living creating the feeling of a large outdoor living room.
- Create a space for a fire pit.
- Refresh all surrounding plant materials that had deteriorated and carry the Provence feel into the back yard.
- Create a subtle lighting scheme throughout that does not overpower the spaces with too much light. Enhance the lighting on the rear deck with Hurricane lamps and candles to maintain the natural organic feel of the space.
- Attract pollinators with plant materials to add life to the landscape throughout.